We frequently have jobs for CNC Machinists and are always interested in hearing from individuals with relevant experience in this area.
Your role will be the operation of manual and CNC machine tools. You will machine components using sound engineering principles from drawings, sketches or patterns to stated tolerances. You will also be expected to contribute to and at times supervise trainees in developing their skills.
- Responsible for safety and housekeeping in work area
- Accountable for product quality requirements
- Machining a wide range of materials into final products
- Programming, set-up and operation of CNC machines
- Operation of manual machine tools
- Work with planning and scheduling staff to achieve schedule delivery dates
- Continuous improvement of processes and procedures
Skills, Experience & Education
We are seeking and individual with previous experience of using a centre lathe, milling machine, machining centre, horizontal borer and similar.
- Time served Machinist
- Proven Machine shop experience
- Problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of CNC machines and ability to programme in G code
- Academic qualification in an engineering discipline (City & Guilds or ONC minimum)
- The ability to work from a sample or detailed drawings to close tolerance
- Fluent in spoken and written English
In addition to your salary, Shandwick Supply offers the opportunity to develop your skills and experience within a supportive team.